Friday 28 September 2012

Premier League Predictions - September 28, 2012

So out of the first five weeks of the season, we’ve only posted one prediction post. Funny enough we actually did one last week but neither of us remembered to publish. Anyways, we are 3-5 so far on the season, lets try and get this above .500.

Alex in white, Jack in blue.

There are some big games this weekend, and none bigger than the opening fixture. Arsenal host Chelsea, at the Emirates at 12.45pm on Saturday. Huge game. Thoughts?

Yep, huge game, Arsenal and Chelsea both had big midweek wins against championship teams, I think the fact that the game is at Emirates may play a factor, 2-1 Arsenal.

It’s odd that so far this season, Arsenal have been better defensively than Chelsea, and I think that is what might win it for them. I’m completely torn between 1-1 and 2-1, but I’ll agree with you and go for a Gunners victory.

Olivier to score?

Haha. No. I think he’ll start on the bench.

Now I know Southampton got their first win last weekend but they’re up against Everton on Saturday, who have been in scintillating form. I can’t see this going any other way. 3-1 to the Toffees.


I think it’ll be a tight game actually, Everton lost during the week to Leeds, and the Saints did have a 4-1 win last week. I’m thinking 2-2. (I obviously think very highly of Villa)

Haha, don’t we all?

Fulham against Manchester City is next. Not quite cut and dry, this one?


Yeah, Man City lost to Villa midweek (!!!) but they were starting a very young team. Fulham will also be without Berbatov. This is a tough game to call, so 1-1 draw. What do you think?

On current form it’s hard to disagree. Fulham have been playing very well - I think Jol is doing a sterling job - and City have been faltering. That said, I think City’s strength in depth might just see them through this one. 2-1 City, Balotelli with the winner, and celebratory cigarette.

Liverpool take on Norwich. A chance for Rogers to get his first win, and I think he will. I don’t have too much to say about this one except that I’m backing Liverpool to win 2-0. Possibly 3-0. They’ve been getting better each game, despite not winning.


Yes I agree with you. Norwich simply aren’t very good and it looks like Liverpool are getting their team together. 2-0 Liverpool for me as well.  

Reading Vs Newcastle. Newcastle should win, but something is telling me they won’t. Alan Pardew just signed an eight year contract, and the club deserves to lose just for offering it to him. 1-0 Reading!

Eight! EIGHT! I’m shocked by the length of the contract. But this does bring stability to the management team. That said, eight is just ridiculous. I do think they have a good squad though, so I will go 1-1 draw.

Two teams that have been a bit up and down, next. Stoke take on Swansea, in this week’s designated game that I don’t care about one bit :) Your thoughts? (Actually, I’ve just looked at the fixtures and the next game is Sunderland/Wigan. I now care about Stoke/Swansea.)

Yep, we are getting into that section of the fixture list. I like Swansea, but they have a few key injuries and are not defending like they did at the start of the season. But I really hate Stoke, so 2-1 Swans?

I’m ok with that.

Sunderland Vs Wigan. Steven Fletcher is in lethal form. I think Sunderland will create one or two more chances than Wigan, and he has been taking them. So 2-0 Sunderland, I think. You?


Sure, Sunderland wins 2-1. I don't have anything to say about this game.

Haha. Oh! A good game. Old Trafford will witness Manchester Utd against Tottenham. Take it away.

Well, Man Utd have a problem at the back because Vidic is out again, so is Smalling. They will be relying on their youngsters this week. Tottenham has been playing well but this will be a really tough game at Old Trafford. I’m calling a 3-2 thriller for Tottenham.

I have to say, I hope so. If Villas Boas can get a win at Old Trafford - something Spurs haven’t done for fucking years - he will get a lot of credit, and the English media should start to cut him some slack. I think this game depends on the central midfield. Utd barely have one, so if Sandro, Dembele and Dempsey/Sigurddson can be strong and disciplined, Spurs have a good chance. I’ll take your 3-2 Spurs prediction.

On Sunday, your boys Villa take on West Brom, in the first of the midland derbies! I have no idea what the score will be, but I’m putting this down as a draw, with Lukaku scoring again. Because I love him.

We all love him, but Villa are playing well, especially the young midfield. Gabby is back on track and I think we will pull one out in this derby, 2-1, with the other Belgian, Benteke scoring.

Oh, yes! I forgot this was the battle of the (massive) Belgians. Brilliant sub-plot. Lets move on to the final game, which takes place on Monday night. Two teams I don’t particularly care for...it’s a London derby. QPR against West Ham.

More derby games, this I see as a 1-1 draw, neither teams are playing particularly well. I will also go out on a limb and say there will be a confrontation between Big Sam and Mark Hughes.

I would LOVE to see that, but I actually see them as two blokes that would probably get on quite well. Which is why I dislike both of them. 1-1 sounds about right.

That’s it for this week. Sorry for not posting these consistently! We’ll strive to do so from now on. Got an opinion on our predictions? Let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment