Friday 24 August 2012

Pointless Premiership Predictions!


Alexander Nathan & Jack Yang discuss their predictions ahead of this weekend's round of English Premier League games: 


Calvin & Hobbes predicted Twitter more accurately than we'll ever predict a football match.







Alex:  Alright first up we have Swansea against West Ham, who just completed the signing of Matt Jarvis for 10m (lol).
 Jack:  LOL
 Alex:  Swansea battered QPR last week but West Ham & Fat Sam might be tougher.
 Jack:  West Ham were dominated possession-wise by Villa, but the gangly ginger held the fort and they got a lucky goal to win 1-0
(James Collins)
 Alex:  I can't work out who he plays for any more
Villa or West Ham?
 Jack:  West Ham
 Alex:  he looks exactly the same in both kits
 Jack:  he was very good
LOL
 Alex:  anyway
what do you reckon the score will be for Swansea/West Ham?
 Jack:  2-1 Swans
you?
 Alex:  I'd agree with that. I think their confidence is going to be high after last week. 2-1 Swansea. Next up is your team Villa against Everton
 Jack:  A draw would be good, but after Everton's win last week, i think Villa will be outclassed
 Alex:  I think so too, I'm sorry to say. Everton were bloody impressive against Utd. If Pienaar, Fellaini and Jelavic are on form Villa are in trouble
3-0 Everton.
 Jack:  Yeah, Villa can't get service to Bent, and without Agbonglahor the Bent is lonely up front, 2-0 Everton
 Alex: haha
"Bent is lonely"
I want to see what his latest musings on twitter are. One sec.




Alex: ...great

 Alex:  at least he spelled everything correctly
 Jack:  LOL
oh god, why is he wearing a hat in his profile picture
 Alex:  he's a knob
Man Utd V Fulham
your thoughts?
 Jack:  How Fulham scored five goals last week is beyond me, they are strong in the middle but I think Man U will bounce back

 Alex:  Fulham have a good team, despite the Dempsey saga hanging over them..Dembele is a monster. I hope they don't lose him. That said, Van Persie is starting and Kagawa's pace is going to be a problem for Diarra, so I'd expect Utd to outscore them. 1-0 or 2-1 Utd.
 Jack:  yeah, I'll go 3-2 for United

More after the jump....

Alex:  Norwich/QPR. Not much to say. Both teams got murked last weeked and will want to bounce back. I hate Mark Hughes but I think QPR will shade it.
 Jack: I really don't care about eitherside, but i'll go 1-0 for Norwich
 Alex:  haha ok
next
Southampton V Wigan
I...don't care.
Wigan are about to lose Victor Moses which is a shame.
 Jack:  yea, can't see him playing that much on Chelsea
 Alex:  maybe he can go on loan to WBA :)
Let's move on
Sunderland/Reading
...well that didn't work. I still don't care.
I think Sunderland will win.
 Jack:  LOL
yeah, go Martin O'Neil
 Alex:  Tottenham V West Brom. What do you think?
 Jack:  Spurs, 2-0
 Alex:  I think Spurs are bound to concede a goal, possibly even two. But with Adebayor back I think they'll win. 3-2, Spurs. Also very much backing Sigurddson to score. I think he's class.
 Alex:  Chelsea V Newcastle. 1-1. Both teams playing well. Chelsea poor at the back.
 Jack:  ooo interesting,
I'm ok with that, although I've been really impressed by Hazard
 Alex:  Definitely. He's been involved in every goal Chelsea have scored so far.
#puthiminyourfantasyteam
 Jack:  I'd like to see Marin but that team is too stacked, in Europe perhaps
 Alex:  Yeah in the group stage at least. And Moses plays in the same position! wtf.
Anyway, Stoke V Arsenal. I'm scared.
I hate Stoke so much. Fucking rugby playing neanderthal bastards.
 Jack:  and Peter Crouch
Stoke will be tough for Arsenal, but I see a 2-1 win for the Gunners
 Alex:  I'm going to take that. More in hope than in confidence. My main prediction is that some lumbering Stoke monster crushes little Santi Cazorla.
 Jack:  That would be terrible
  Alex:  And finally, another big one
Liverpool against Man City. Liverpool were dire in their first game, and not any better up in Scotland last night. I would hope that Brendan Rogers will come good for them over time, but I can see another battering on the cards here
2-0 to City.
 Jack:  Yeah, I agree, Liverpool are a mess, and even without Aguero City will have enough options.
 Alex:  I love these people who are worried because Aguero is injured. Robbie Savage thinks City need to buy another striker
...Tevez...Balotelli...Dzeko
 Jack:  LOL yeah, just set Super Mario loose, perhaps tell him Pepe Reina said a few bad things about his mother, that would be entertaining
 Alex:  if I were Mancini, I'd just record a podcast of insults about Balotelli. Play it to him before a match, and then send him out there.
And hope that he scores before getting sent off
Worth it.
 Jack:  Totally
 Alex:  Alright, well that is all of the games covered, and more than enough of us talking bollocks. Till next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment